Currently the highest squad available at the club. Please view full Performance squad details in the Swimmer Journey document.
First and foremost, swimmers must be highly committed to their swimming journey as well as achieving consistent performance at training and or meets.
Swimmers are expected to be available for selection for galas and relay teams and should regularly enter open meets.
Performance Squad is an extension of the clubs provision for swimmers in the train-to-train section of long term athlete development often referred to as the athlete development support pathway. It also caters for swimmers moving into the train-to compete section of the ADSP model.
To be considered for the group, swimmers must be able to demonstrate and maintain all the following guidelines as set out below.
- Demonstrate a good and positive attitude to training
- Demonstrate good and positive application to training
- Demonstrate dedication to swimming
- Be a minimum of 12 years of age
- Commitment – Swimming should be the swimmer’s highest priority outside of education, and swimmers are expected to attend 100% of training*
- *It is permitted for this to drop to 75% during main exam periods.
- Deciding to join performance squad must be led by the swimmer as it is the swimmer that will need to show and be committed to all the above guidelines, therefore regardless of ability Swimmers will not be made to join Performance Squad.
- In order to demonstrate commitment swimmers and or parents will need to express an interest in being promoted to Performance Squad.
- Where possible swimmers will need to demonstrate the above guidelines for a sustained period before being promoted to this group.
- Swimmers that do not maintain the guidelines will be moved back to Squad.
- Swimmers that wish to continue to swim and race but feel their commitment levels have changed can opt to be moved back to Squad
Swimmers within Squad also have the opportunity to attend strength and conditioning sessions weekly that are predominately focused around calisthenics. There are also opportunities for swimmers of the right development to attend gym sessions as part of the club’s partnership with 1610.
|6-7.30 Trinity (self-led.)
7-8.30 Quantock Lodge
6.30-6.45 Pre-pool 6.45-8.45 Trinity
|7.45-8 Pre-pool 8-10 Millfield
|Morning training is facilitated through 1610. As a minimum swimmers should be 10 years of age before commencing morning sessions. Thursday S&C sessions is run in partnership with 1610 so requires swimmers to pay for morning training through 1610.
|Up to 14 hours pool time
Up to 1.25 hours S&C (Strength and conditioning)
Performance Squad Training Schedule & Cost
Click here for Training and Pricing
Additional Training Available
Competitive swim training at 1610 in the morning 0600-0800, Mon, Tue & Wednesdays.